Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strawberries


Yesterday I took the kids berry picking and had a great time. I love all the berries that grow all around here in Oregon. In 45 minutes we had collected 21 pounds of strawberries, which isn't hard to do, and took them home and ate about 3 pounds between us, the kids and my in-laws. We are freezing the rest to use them throughout the year. The kids got right in there and helped pick and we had a great time. It was nice in that I could just kneel down between the rows and pick on both sides of me and didn't have to worry about bending over with this big basketball that's in here. The rest of the berries won't be ready for picking for another 3-4 weeks so I hope to get some of those picked and put away before Maggie comes. I will try to remember to get pictures when we go berry picking next month.
Maggie is due to come on July 30th but as any pregnant woman hopes, I hope she comes a little early. I am not ready to face the heat and all that comes with it this time around. We have her cradle all set up in our bedroom. The kids are so excited for the new baby. I feel better prepared this time than when Sammie was born with only 17 months difference between her and Abby. That one was hard but there will be about 2 1/2 years between Sammie and Maggie and other kids are older and better understand how to get the chores done around the house. That is a complete blessing in itself!!!
The kids are enjoying their summer break. Lillian had a little kindergarten graduation and was so cute and grown up. She can act so mature sometimes. She cracks me up.
What does one write on blog pages? This is my first time so I will try to be more interesting later. I just wanted to get something on here so I can play around with it some more and get better familiar with it. I will be putting pictures up of our little Maggie when she is born so be sure to check back.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you guys on here, FINALLY ;) And I will pray for Maggie to come early if you pray for Ruby to come early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you've finally entered blog world. Looking forward to lots of pictures of your adorable kids. Try to take it wasy this last month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori! Welcome to blogland!! :)

    ReplyDelete