Our little Maggie is finally here!

Magdalana "Maggie" Lorraine Pond was born on Tuesday, July 28th at 11:45 am. She weighed 7# 9 oz. and was 20 in. long.
She cried when she first came out but then they put her on my tummy an
I went into the hospital at 6:30 am and they hooked me up to the pitocin at 7 am to get her to drop down a little further so they could break my water and not worry about the cord wrapping around her neck. The doctor broke my water just after 9 am. I got the epidural about 10:45 am so when the contractions got stronger I would be ready. They had me leaning more on my right side so it took only on that side. At 11:15 am I was only dilated to 5-6 cm. At 11:30 am the contractions were getting stronger but still not too bad. I just remember them being so much worse than what they were this time even still feeling it on one side, so anyway, the nurse checked me and I was fully dilated and ready to push. They had to call another doctor from my doctor's office since mine was in surgery so the mid-wife ran across the parking lot from the office. Maggie was born at 11:45 am. It was pretty fast and a lot easier than I had thought it was going to be.
My Mom and Step-Dad came into town to help with the kids and to help tak
e care of things afterwe came home from the hospita
l. They were true lifesavers! It has been so nice to have them here. The kids have had a lot of fun with them too! They brought the kids over to the hospital to see Maggie and spend some time with us.Ryan's parents also came over to the hospital later so we snapped

this picture of Ryan's Mom, Mary, with Maggie.
Louie was content to sit and watch. Mary sat and played with Maggie's face and discovered a little dimple on her right cheek. We hope it's here to stay.
her but is more content to watch at this point too. Seth and Dominic, as much as they were not excited about another girl, love to hold her and watch he
r and are curious with everything we do with her. It's like they're protective big brothers or something!Oh, and Ryan is content to
hold, hug, kiss, and love his little "half-pint".He's such an amazing Daddy! He has had this week off of work and only works half days next week. He is such a great help and support.
We are so excited to have Maggie in our home. She has such a sweet little spirit and sleeps so good. She has slept through the night every night so far, knock on wood! Thank you to all of you for your love and support to our family. We are so blessed with such great family and friends!!!

P.S. We will be blessing her in our ward on Sunday, September 6th, on Labor Day weekend. We welcome all who can attend. Church starts at 9 am.
Lori, good job on the blog I love it! Maggie is a cutie and it is very fun to see your other kids with her. I am so glad that you are all doing well, and am happy that your mom and dad were able to visit and help. Congrats you guys.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is wonderful and perfect; you are an amazing woman, mom and inspiration to us all! What a precious family you and Ryan have. Please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything. Love Ya, Mandy
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys! she is adorable, just like the rest of them =). I love the picture with Maggie laying on the blanket and all the others circled around her just watching her, SO cute! I'm glad things went so smoothly and we cant wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great family picture!! You guys are so awesome...I love you - Pam.
ReplyDeleteCongradulations on your newest addition. Boy pregancy goes FAST when it is not your own!! Maggie is adorable. Can't wait to see her in September.
ReplyDeleteMaggie!!!! I freaking love it!!! oh my goodness Lori, how do you do it?? you are so awesome and such an amazing women, child birth is nothing for you, you handle it so beautiful, and you even smile after wards!!! Maggie is so cute and perfect in everyway!! just like her momma!! I too love the family picture! You guys are so cute!! and wow your kids are getting bigger! I still can't believe that you have 6 kids!! hahaha. I love you so much, congrats again! I am trying to undate my blog LOL we will see!! Anyways, call me in a few when things have settled down for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulation! I am soo happy for you all! Glad to hear the labor and delievery went well! She is so beautiful, good luck with everything. Please let me know if there is anything you need!
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for you and your family. She is a great addition. We can't wait to see you all. We missed seeing you this year, again.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. I hope all is well having a new baby around. I hope I get to have a baby that small again! The pictures are so cute.
ReplyDeleteI love your family Lori! Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast!
ReplyDeleteHannah