Friday, October 9, 2009

R & R

So two weekends ago we took off and went to Spokane for some much needed R & R. It was so much fun. We're going to have to do it again soon! On Saturday we took the kids horse back riding on my brother, Paul's, horses then my Mom and Step-dad took the kids back to their place so the adults, Ryan & I and my brothers, Paul & Aaron, could go on a ride together. All the kids were really excited to ride and none of them were scared this time! It was so nice. It's been years since I've gotten to go riding. I used to ride all the time, I'd come home from school, get a snack then go out and saddle up my horse and ride. It was always so relaxing and fun. I didn't remember how dirty you get though. It was so well worth it!
Then on Sunday we had a small party for Abby and Aaron's birthday. There were some of my Uncles and Aunts and cousins there and it was so good to see my family again. Growing up we used to always get together and I have really missed that, especially the hugs!! There's just something about the love that only family can give!!
So here's some pictures from our vacation. Enjoy!!
P.S. We decided not to sell right now. We're waiting till we have more money set aside for the replacement!

Riding horses
















Family party and hugs for Uncle Paul, and Paul talking with our uncle, Merlin who is deaf



Ryan and Paul playing football with the kids









Ring around the rosies and smashy face kisses for Nicolas



And my scruffy faced man! That's how I like him!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys got to get away and spend some time with family. Sammy looks so little on the horse...how fun is that!

    ReplyDelete