Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer is Here!

Today is the first official day of summer and I hope the whole summer won't be like today. I love having all the kids here but Lillian and Seth had friends spend the night last night and today it's just been chaotic. 8 kids all under the age 0f 12 in the house.
Ryan and I enjoy our quiet evenings together after the kids go to bed but now they're getting a little older we feel obligated to let them stay up a little later. Ryan's also working Mon-Fri so he's got to be in bed earlier every night so it means less time for just us. Any suggestions on this? I want to let the kids have the fun of staying up later but also want time with just my husband. Our only way of watching shows is downstairs on Netflix on the XBox too so it's not like we can hole up in our bedroom. Also, if you have any suggestions of fun activities to do with the kids my ears are open!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh. I'll have to come back and read the suggestions when someone else posts because I know we'll be there someday. The only thing I can think of is to let them stay up, but only if they are in a different room. Maybe not every night, but some nights--maybe once or twice a week--you can have some "date" time. Do you have a laptop you can watch movies on in your room? Kevin and I do that a lot. You can always play games they can play with you, but that's not really alone time with your husband, if that is what you are going for. I'm not looking forward to the day when I cannot demand that my children leave me alone after 8 pm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with that comment. We are going to have a rule that they can stay up but in their bedroom. We can't hear or see them or the lights go out. My kids love to stay up and read. They sneak it now but soon it will be allowed. When the time comes, we'll let you know if it works. Usually it is a privelege when we say they can stay up, they don't care where they are.

    ReplyDelete