Monday, January 25, 2010

Hermione Treats

So I took the boys to go get more gerbils on Saturday and after checking a few places we found some at Petco in Clackamas. It was great, they were cute and the boys were excited. We had even bought them a little ball for the gerbils to roll around in, yes, Seth got one this time too. When we came home the following day, yesterday, we came home to no gerbils in the cage and blood splatters on the floor in the bedroom. This time Hermione got one of the cage extensions off since we locked the cage door good. So no more gerbils and it's tough to find replacements. There are absolutely no gerbils at the pet stores right now.
We called Petsmart and they said they may be changing distribution centers and if they do they won't be selling gerbils or any of those fun little rodents anymore because the new distribution center is in California and those small pets are illegal in California. so if anyone out there knows of any good places to go to get gerbils or know someone who needs to get rid of some let me know please. Tonight we are also building a cage over the cage so the cat can't even touch the gerbil cage. Extreme, I know. What we don't do because we love out children!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok now I'm gonna have to notify the humane society. Even If I did know of a place to get more gerbils I don't think I'd tell you because it'd just get eaten. That is really gross and you have a nauty kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so terrible. I can't even imagine the scene you saw. What a bad kitty!!! I'd have to agree with Kelly, I don't think gerbils are a good idea. You can try the cage over the cage idea, but I have a feeling your cat is smarter than you think!

    ReplyDelete