Thursday, September 16, 2010

Burned Popcorn

Today has been a lazy day for me. Don't tell my husband but the sink is full of dirty dishes, I am in lounging clothes without make up and my hair in a back ponytail, I have laundry to fold, a house to clean, kids to feed, and obviously dishes to do. So I am finishing the movie "Julie & Julia" and finishing up a Christmas project- yes you read right, I start way in advance so I'm not caught at the last minute by it all- and this guy, Brett Barton, who looks like he's 14 comes to the door and says he's running for state house or whatever and he's making his rounds to meet people and answer any questions we might have. He seems nice enough so far. Then he sees my kids running around and asks how many I have then asks if I'm LDS. He says he was raised LDS in a part-member family and is currently inactive. As I was talking to him Lillian was popping popcorn in the microwave and it got burned and was really smelling up the house. So as he was leaving he said that he was impressed at how I could keep my cool with all the chaos going on around me. OK, so my kids burned popcorn and the girls were playing but it was FAR from chaotic, trust me. I told him to wait awhile and he could see what real chaos is like. So here's to you Mr. young man who's really 30, running for office and wanting to represent me and all my chaos. I wasn't that impressed.
Mr. Brett Barton
The guy said he sends out his fliers through the Democrat party because it's 6 cents cheaper in postage. And he worked on Governor Kulongoski's reelection campaign. 2 strikes against him there alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment