Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nothing Beats Family





This last weekend we went up to Spokane, WA for a funeral and got to spend time with some of my family. It was so wonderful and I think I'm good for another few months until I need another family fix. We stayed at my brother, Paul's, home and went horseback riding on Saturday evening with him and got to meet his new girlfriend, Breanna, and her 2 kids. She is a kindred spirit. She is really great. Saturday after the funeral my Mom held a small Thanksgiving dinner for us since we won't make it up for Thanksgiving. It was so nice. Just being with family again does wonders for the soul. So here's a few pictures from our trip. Enjoy!
This is my niece, Andie. She is the eldest grandchild and such a doll! She is with Maggie who is currently the youngest grandchild, only for another week.Breanna with her youngest, Megan.
Breanna with her oldest, Molly. Molly was born with spina bifida and is in wheel chair because of it. She had a hard time getting on the horses last time they went but with all my kids around riding the horses it gave Molly the courage to try it too! We were so proud of her!
My amazing brother, Paul, on his horse. The ones I had of him when we were riding didn't turn out well so I took one from when we went riding at our family reunion in July. he provided 4 horses for all of us to take turns riding. It was so much fun. I had never seen some of my siblings ride a horse until then because they are so much older and were out of the house by the time I was old enough to remember.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!! Makes me excited to go home and see my family for Christmas! The pictures also made me miss riding even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! I found your blog on Chari's blog list. So excited! ;) Had so much fun meeting you guys. Your kids each had such great personalities! Good job Mama! Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete