
I love the sale at Fred Meyers on Black Friday! I always go there and stock up on their 50% off socks. We do an advent calendar where we hang up 25 socks on a rope or clothesline and countdown to Christmas so that's where I get all my socks for the calendar. We put a little something in each sock so there's a new surprise for the kids each day like a Christmas movie or a pair of socks, toothbrushes, bubble bath or even "pick what's for breakfast in the morning" and we leave it open for the child to pick whatever they want. They each take turns opening their own socks. I have included a picture so you can better understand. We have done this for 4-5 years now and the kids really seem to enjoy it. Last night was the first night and we got a book for Mom to read to them while they're in bed. so far so good. Tonight we get to put together our first gingerbread house ever! Wish me luck!
I think this is such a cute idea! I love it!
ReplyDeleteHow Fun, but then you have to do more stuff for your kids every day. Just Kidding! What a great selection of socks you got!
ReplyDeleteOoooh, Gingerbread houses! I love those. How did it turn out? We made one last night with the kids. It was really fun. And we started eating it today. We made the mistake of putting jolly ranchers on it, so the kids sit there sucking forever and still wanting to cram more in their mouths. Next time--only chewable stuff.
ReplyDeleteAnd I like that stocking advent a lot. That could be really fun to do! See you in a few weeks!
cute sock advent, I did the kind of the same thing this year too. I love that the kids get new socks out of it! Hope you are all doing well...was it one of your kids who pulled the fire alarm last week? ha ha just kidding. enjoy your day!
ReplyDelete