Thursday, September 8, 2011

Recap

School has started and we now are saying goodbye to summer and having 6 kids home all day and the constant mess that accompanies it. I feel like I am actually making headway in my house instead of just trying to keep up, for the first time in 3 months. It feels oh, so good!
First off, we built a new chicken coop and our chickens are laying eggs. We have 8 laying and today we 7 eggs. I think that's the most in 1 day ever. As soon as the other 11 chickens start laying in 2 months we want to start selling the eggs. For now we just give them to some of our elder ("older") neighbors.


Our first egg!

We went to the Crapo (long A sound) family reunion. We walked on stilts, played a fun game of kickball, went to the park, and rode horses again. On the way home our Durango broke down on the way home and my brother and his friend, Nick, came and rescued us and took us back to Spokane. Here's also a picture of Abby and Sammie with my big sister, Pam.


My brother, Joe, in the picture above was the trash talker and made it hilarious! Here's my big brother, Ed, with his daughter on his shoulders. It was so much fun to play with all my siblings and have fun and see how great they all were with the kids too. Good times!!

Here's my brother, Paul, pushing his new step-daughter, Molly, to 3rd base.


Here's cousin Shane helping Abby on the stilts. Mom and Verlan came up with some great stuff for the kids to do and some fun crafts.
One more I have to share is my nephew Nicolas wanted so badly to smile for his picture so despite his mom rubbing sunscreen all over him he got it.



They were manually cranking the truck up onto the flatbed. It was tough but they got it.
We also went through a bug storm on the way back to Spokane! Yuck!

I went to girls camp too. I had a good time but didn't take any pictures. We were so busy there and had such a great time. It's not just a spiritual high for the girls!

Now I leave you with a final thought from Maggie.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wait a minute, when did you get chickens? And 19 of them? That's crazy! I can't imagine where you keep them because somehow, in all the times we've visited I've never actually been in your back yard. O can't wait to see them! I'm glad you had a fun Crapo reunion. We did, too, but it made it so I couldn't go to girl's camp this year. We want to come visit soon.

    ReplyDelete